Thursday, February 14, 2019

Science vs Aging Essay -- Research Papers Essays

Science vs senescentThesis StatementHealth cargon and science resources should be conservatively allocated to our aging world, focusing on providing lineament to the aging years without draining assets in a reckless seek to extend life.IntroductionThe demographic projections in the United Sates are significant. amongst 1982 and 2030 the median age will move from 30.6 to 40.8 years and the proportion of the population over 65 will go from 11.6 to 21.1 portion (Committee on the senescence Society, 1985). Persons over 85 are the fastest growing age group, 21 times more numerous than in 1900 (Callahan, 1995). This is also an international bulge by 2040 most developed countries will have 30 percent of their population over 60 (Hanson, 1994). These figures demand our attention on issues of aging. closely elderly need economic assistance and are significantly reliant on lower age groups. In the 1930s most of the elderly lived on a lower floor the poverty line. Social Securi ty helped reduce this figure to 15.7 percent by 1980. 80 year-olds receive 50% percent of their yearly income from social security measures (Committee on the ripening Society, 1985). The rest of their income often comes from pension plans or family funds. remote populations consume significantly more medical resources than other age groups. In 1984 elderly were 12% of our population, but consumed 31% of medical resources by 2040 they are expected to consume 45 %. The Federal Government currently spends roughly $200 billion on health care for the elderly, which still however covers 67% of the expenditures. The remaining 33%, or $100 billion, must be covered by elderly and their families (Callahan, 1995).These economic expenditures have social conseq... ...the Aging Society. (1985). Aging America Health in a Older Society. majuscule DC National Academic Press.7. Finch, C. E. (1978). The Brain and Aging. In The Biology of Aging (pp.301-309). New York Plenum Press.8. Fri es, James F. (1986). The Compression of Morbidity. Milbank Memorial Fund Quarterly, 61 3, 347-355.9. Hanson, specialise J. (1994). How we Treat the Elderly. Hastings Center Report, 245, 4-8. PMID 800231110. Harley, Calvin B. (1996). Telomeres. In Encyclopedia of gerontology (Vol. 2, pp. 539-543). Washington DC Academic Press.11. Kirkwood, T. B. (1977). Evolution of Aging. Nature, 2702, 301-304.12. May, William F. (1996). Testing the Medical Covenant. super C Rapids Eerdmans Publishing.13. Moody, Henry H. (1994). Four Scenarios for an Aging Population. Hastings Center Report, 245, 32-34. PMID 8002308

No comments:

Post a Comment